By Tommaso Gori, Massimo Fineschi
This publication studies the idea and perform of fractional circulate reserve (FFR)-guided coronary intervention, a method that provides experience and a motive to day-by-day judgements within the interventional suite. FFR information offers distinctive info on coronary hemodynamics for the interventional heart specialist. this system has profound functional implications for healing judgements and for the diagnosis of sufferers.
The Atlas of FFR-Guided Percutaneous Coronary Interventions offers practising physicians transparent details to appreciate either the complexity of the strategy and the proper strategy to observe it. it's designed either to aid more youthful school and people in education, and to behave as a scientific source for more matured practitioners. utilizing the scientific situations defined, the reader can learn how to get pleasure from the pitfalls, counsel and tips that simplify the functionality and interpretation of FFR and iFR.
Read Online or Download Atlas of FFR-Guided Percutaneous Coronary Interventions PDF
Similar radiology & nuclear medicine books
Appropriate for radiology citizens and radiographers, this "workbook" is an invaluable advisor in imminent ultrasound scanners. Designed as a self-learning software, it introduces some of the purposes people scanners in response to organs, together with positioning, step by step descriptions of the technique, consultant ultrasound scans, explanatory drawings and an summary of crucial size information.
Drawing on a chain of articles from the magazine of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, the fourth variation of this renowned reference offers an explanation established account of the administration of neurological emergencies. up-to-date chapters discuss with contemporary Cochrane systematic reports.
Proton remedy Physics is going past present books on proton treatment to supply an in-depth assessment of the physics features of this radiation remedy modality, putting off the necessity to dig via info scattered within the scientific physics literature. After tracing the heritage of proton treatment, the e-book summarizes the atomic and nuclear physics heritage important for realizing proton interactions with tissue.
An advent to nuclear physics including chapters on current and prior functions of nuclear drugs, nuclear imagery, compartment concept, neutrons and different heavy debris, X-rays and Y-rays. fresh details at the ideas of radiation safety can also be addressed.
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Cancer Current Indications, Techniques and Outcomes
- Diffusion MRI. From Quantitative Measurement to In vivo Neuroanatomy
- Pediatric Oncology Imaging, An Issue of Radiologic Clinics of North America (The Clinics: Radiology)
- Review Questions for Nuclear Medicine: The Technology Registry Examination (Review Questions Series)
Extra info for Atlas of FFR-Guided Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
Variability of fractional flow reserve according to the methods of hyperemia induction. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;85(6):970–6. López-Palop R, Carrillo P, Frutos A, Cordero A, Agudo P, Mashlab S, et al. Comparison of effectiveness of high-dose intracoronary adenosine versus intravenous administration on the assessment of fractional flow reserve in patients with coronary heart disease. Am J Cardiol. 2013;111(9):1277–83. Rioufol G, Caignault JR, Finet G, Staat P, Bonnefoy E, de Gévigney G, et al.
96. Clinical Decision-Making The result of the FFR assessment suggests that the residual lesion in the proximal segment was hemodynamically not relevant. The patient was discharged. Fig. 2 Angiography and FFR of the RCX, year 2013 11 Long-Term Repeatability of FFR: Twin Measurements with Two Years In-Between Final Comments 59 We demonstrate the reproducibility of FFR as well as the “functional stability” of the lesion with medical therapy at two years. • The venous flow should be helped, for instance by placing the hand higher than the shoulder and by instructing the patient not to bend bending the elbow.
Am J Cardiol. 2003;91(9):1075–8. , in case of wire- Fearon WF, et al. Repeatability of fractional flow reserve despite variainduced dissection or vessel thrombosis, the lesion can very tions in systemic and coronary hemodynamics. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8(8):1018–27. hardly be treated without losing the position of the wire in Long-Term Repeatability of FFR: Twin Measurements with Two Years In-Between 11 Massimo Fineschi Key-Points When the same conditions are reproduced, the same FFR is obtained.