By David A. Gewirtz, Shawn E. Holt, Steven Grant
This e-book offers perception into demonstrated practices and learn into apoptosis and senescence. the amount completely examines novel and rising ideas and learn within the fields of phone dying pathways, senescence progress arrest, medications and resistance, DNA harm reaction, and different themes that also carry mysteries for researchers. In overall, this quantity presents easy scientists and clinicians with a deeper and extra entire figuring out of the mobile responses of malignancies which can make certain the effectiveness of remedy, either within the preliminary levels of the affliction in addition to in affliction recurrence.
Read Online or Download Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development) PDF
Best radiology & nuclear medicine books
Compatible for radiology citizens and radiographers, this "workbook" is an invaluable consultant in drawing close ultrasound scanners. Designed as a self-learning device, it introduces a number of the purposes folks scanners in keeping with organs, together with positioning, step by step descriptions of the technique, consultant ultrasound scans, explanatory drawings and an summary of an important size information.
Drawing on a sequence of articles from the magazine of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, the fourth version of this renowned reference presents a proof dependent account of the administration of neurological emergencies. up-to-date chapters confer with fresh Cochrane systematic experiences.
Proton remedy Physics is going past present books on proton treatment to supply an in-depth evaluation of the physics elements of this radiation treatment modality, disposing of the necessity to dig via info scattered within the scientific physics literature. After tracing the background of proton remedy, the e-book summarizes the atomic and nuclear physics history invaluable for knowing proton interactions with tissue.
An advent to nuclear physics along with chapters on current and previous functions of nuclear medication, nuclear imagery, compartment concept, neutrons and different heavy debris, X-rays and Y-rays. contemporary info at the rules of radiation safety can be addressed.
- Imaging in molecular dynamics
- Benign Anorectal Diseases: Diagnosis with Endoanal and Endorectal Ultrasound and New Treatment Options
- Decision Tools for Radiation Oncology: Prognosis, Treatment Response and Toxicity
- CURED I - LENT Late Effects of Cancer Treatment on Normal Tissues
- Short Course Breast Radiotherapy: A Comprehensive Review of Hypofractionation, Partial Breast, and Intra-Operative Irradiation
Additional info for Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
274. Theodorakis P, Lomonosova E, Chinnadurai G. Critical requirement of BAX for manifestation of apoptosis induced by multiple stimuli in human epithelial cancer cells. Cancer Res 2002; 62:3373–6. 275. Yamaguchi H, Bhalla K, Wang HG. Bax plays a pivotal role in thapsigargin-induced apoptosis of human colon cancer HCT116 cells by controlling Smac/Diablo and Omi/HtrA2 release from mitochondria. Cancer Res 2003; 3(7):1483–9. 276. Matikainen T, Perez GI, Jurisicova A, et al. Aromatic hydrocarbon receptor-driven Bax gene expression is required for premature ovarian failure caused by biohazardous environmental chemicals.
Stennicke HR, Deveraux QL, Humke EW, Reed JC, Dixit VM, Salvesen GS. Caspase-9 can be activated without proteolytic processing. J Biol Chem 1999; 274(13):8359–62. 28. Chang DW, Xing Z, Capacio VL, Peter ME, Yang X. Interdimer processing mechanism of procaspase8 activation. EMBO J 2003; 22(16):4132–42. 29. Chai J, Wu Q, Shiozaki E, Srinivasula SM, Alnemri ES, Shi Y. Crystal structure of a procaspase-7 zymogen: mechanisms of activation and substrate binding. Cell 2001; 107:399–407. 30. Yan N, Shi Y.
279. Hu Y, Cherton-Horvat G, Dragowska V, et al. Antisense oligonucleotides targeting XIAP induce apoptosis and enhance chemotherapeutic activity against human lung cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res 2003; 9(7):2826–36. 280. Soengas MS, Capodieci P, Polsky D, et al. Inactivation of the apoptosis effector Apaf-1 in malignant melanoma. Nature 2001; 409(6817):207–11. 281. Yoshida H, Kong Y-Y, Yoshida R, et al. Apaf1 Is required for mitochondrial pathways of apoptosis and brain development.