By David A. Gewirtz, Shawn E. Holt, Steven Grant
This booklet presents perception into confirmed practices and study into apoptosis and senescence. the quantity completely examines novel and rising strategies and study within the fields of mobile dying pathways, senescence development arrest, medicines and resistance, DNA harm reaction, and different themes that also carry mysteries for researchers. In overall, this quantity presents uncomplicated scientists and clinicians with a deeper and extra whole realizing of the mobile responses of malignancies that can be certain the effectiveness of remedy, either within the preliminary levels of the sickness in addition to in ailment recurrence.
Read Online or Download Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer PDF
Best radiology & nuclear medicine books
Appropriate for radiology citizens and radiographers, this "workbook" is an invaluable advisor in imminent ultrasound scanners. Designed as a self-learning device, it introduces a number of the purposes folks scanners in line with organs, together with positioning, step by step descriptions of the technique, consultant ultrasound scans, explanatory drawings and an summary of crucial dimension facts.
Drawing on a sequence of articles from the magazine of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, the fourth version of this renowned reference presents a proof established account of the administration of neurological emergencies. up to date chapters check with fresh Cochrane systematic stories.
Proton remedy Physics is going past present books on proton remedy to supply an in-depth assessment of the physics facets of this radiation treatment modality, disposing of the necessity to dig via details scattered within the scientific physics literature. After tracing the heritage of proton treatment, the ebook summarizes the atomic and nuclear physics history valuable for knowing proton interactions with tissue.
An advent to nuclear physics together with chapters on current and previous functions of nuclear drugs, nuclear imagery, compartment conception, neutrons and different heavy debris, X-rays and Y-rays. fresh info at the ideas of radiation safeguard can be addressed.
- Diffusion MRI. From Quantitative Measurement to In vivo Neuroanatomy
- Fecal Incontinence Diagnosis and Treatment
- Basic Radiology, Second Edition (LANGE Clinical Medicine)
Extra resources for Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer
230. Hanahan D, Weinberg RA. The hallmarks of cancer. Cell 2000; 100(1):57–70. 231. Evan GI, Vousden KH. Proliferation, cell cycle and apoptosis in cancer. Nature 2001; 411:342–8. 232. Danial NN, Korsmeyer SJ. Cell death: critical control points. Cell 2004; 116(2):205–19. 233. Lowe SW, Cepro E, Evan G. Intrinsic tumour suppression. Nature 2004:432:307–15. Chapter 1 / The Intrinsic Pathway of Apoptosis 29 234. Gerl R, Vaux DL. Apoptosis in the development and treatment of cancer. Carcinogenesis 2005; 26:263–70.
Nature 1999; 397(6718):441–6. 174. Joza N, Susin SA, Daugas E, et al. Essential role of the mitochondrial apoptosis-inducing factor in programmed cell death. Nature 2001; 410:549–54. 175. Klein JA, Longo-Guess CM, Rossmann MP, et al. The harlequin mouse mutation downregulates apoptosis-inducing factor. Nature 2002; 419:367–74. 176. Verhagen AM, Ekert PG, Pakusch M, et al. Identification of DIABLO, a mammalian protein that promotes apoptosis by binding to and antagonizing IAP proteins. Cell 2000; 102(1):45–53.
110. Cuconati A, Mukherjee C, Perez D, White E. DNA damage response and MCL-1 destruction initiate apoptosis in adenovirus-infected cells. Genes Dev 2003; 17:2922–32. 111. Cheng EH, Levine B, Boise LH, Thompson CB, Hardwick JM. Bax-independent inhibition of apoptosis by Bcl-XL. Nature 1996; 379:554–6. 24 Part I / Apoptosis and Alternative Modes of Cell Death 112. Hockenbery DM, Oltvai ZN, Yin X-M, Milliman CL, Korsmeyer SJ. Bcl-2 functions in an antioxidant pathway to prevent apoptosis. Cell 1993; 75:241–52.